Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Genius

So I've been reading through my old journals/story notebooks and I have discovered one thing....I am a genius. Every one of my stories has original content, never been seen by others before. I wonder why I didn't rush to the publishers right then so I could have the rights for those story ideas. Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking...there is no way that I could be right...how could a simple girl have the most original ideas ever....well she didn't. The truth is the stories I wrote were the same as every other story I could see on TV. Of course there were some original thoughts brought into my stories but most were a mixture of afterschool specials and Nancy Drew books. I do have to say that I was insanely consistent in my storylines. Some kind of boy/girl drama, one boy good the other bad, girl has to choose, chooses good guy but bad guy somehow steals her away (not her heart but quite literally steals her), and then heroic good guy comes to save the day. It is somewhat disappointed that I spent hours of my childhood writing the same story over and over and over again....I could have done something productive like had friends or something...oh well it's over now.....

1 comment:

smalltoes said...

I would buy your book in a heart beat. You know what we all do the same thing. Same story boy and girl. Well, look how it's worked out for me. Almost 25 still single living in the Villa. Just hoping something good will come from all this waiting I am doing. Maybe we should put our stories together and make a book and it will be a best seller and all those stupid boys we wrote about will wish they still had us. Deal?