Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A little bit of Thanks....

So lately I've been thinking a lot about my youth and growing up. You know they say it takes a village to raise a child. I think it took a city to make me into who I am today. I owe so much to so many people...sometimes the pressure is overwhelming. Over the past two years I have learned so much about my self and everything it takes to make a person successful. I definitely didn't do it by myself. First of all, my parents are amazing. I know, I know, I complain about them being a little bit over-zealous about my life but as I grow older I understand that most of their nagging is truly for my good. Secondly, there was my ward family throughout the years. Those people are AMAZING!!! I have been so fortunate to come in contact with people who, from my birth, have been rooting for my success in life. Every time I go home I feel more support from those people than almost anyone I have met in Provo. They all want me to be the best person that I can be. Next, teachers. I have had my fair share of teachers throughout the years. Some have made me want to give up but others have harbored me has a fugitive and otherwise guided me through my life. Especially in high school when there were so many times that I thought my whole world would just collapse right in front of me. They took me in and cared way more than they had to. Finally, there are the friends who have seen me through thick and thin. This is a very small and elite group....friends have not been the greatest commodity in my life. Thank you to those who have stuck through everything that I have tossed out at them.

I have so much to be grateful for in life and I understand that overall I must thank my Father in Heaven for placing such people in my life. I could not have made it this far without them. I am so grateful for my Lord and personal Savior Jesus Christ. I am so glad to know that no matter what I am going through there is a perfect, living being who know exactly what I am feeling because He has felt that pain and is willing to help me carry my burdens. There is no way one can make it through life alone, so don't try. I have and it doesn't work and it isn't worth the pain that trying even causes...

1 comment:

barbara worthen said...

That "home group of people" is as excited about your visits as you are.

BW