Friday, June 27, 2008

Home...

I would just like to state for the record that I love coming home. Living in a crazy college world there is so much liquidity in life. You move usually once a year...the people around you are constantly changing and you are always trying to impress someone. I came home on Wednesday for a little vacation and man am I feeling good. While being home is not always perfect (nagging parents, lack of social scene) it brings me back to some solid ground. I don't have to try to impress the people here...the already know and love me. I wish I could find somewhere like that in Provo. I have good friends but even that seems to be a little fluid these days. I am grateful for my roommates and Shayla for keeping me on track but there is never anyone who can match the security of home. Every time I go to leave home I always want to cry because I am once again leaving my safe nest and going off into the dark lonely abyss that I call college. One thing is definitely for sure....I never would have missed home if I had never moved away from it.....

1 comment:

smalltoes said...

I am glad you are enjoying home. I get the same feeling just by going home on Sundays. That's why I go as much as possible. I am sad I couldn't make it to your home this time, but next time. I'm glad you will still hang out with me even though I am not your roommate any more. I don't like that I do things for boys or a certain one at least. (I do like it or I wouldn't do it) Thanks for being such a great friend!